Business Skills for the STEMM Professional Training
These one-day courses have been developed for STEMM professionals and their companies looking for help with transferable, business skills outside of their field of technical expertise.
Your innovation has received, or is about to receive, funding. How do you develop your commercial skills to ensure your innovation reaches its market potential?
Whilst many of our clients have received substantial technical training, individuals and organisations approach us because they have realised a gap in their transferable business skills. .
- Experts moving out of a research and development phase who need to develop their business competence urgently.
- STEMM professionals who have been in a commercial environment for a few years and recognise specific areas for improvement.
- Ambitious organisations eager to grow and looking to support their new employees with a fuller transferable skillset.
How are these courses tailored for individuals?
Courses are delivered by experts who, when they are not training, are also working commercially with clients. Each bring a unique set of real life, relevant case-studies to share with delegates.
They are also good at adapting their training styles to meet the needs of the delegates in the room. This includes appropriate pacing, checking and embedding of learning throughout the course, and designing the modules around repeatable structures and processes. The aim is that you feel comfortable and supported in your learning.
- Project Management Skills
- Develop your Leadership Skills
- Presenting with Confidence
- Commercial Awareness
- Networking for Partners
- Sales and Marketing 101
- Ethical Telemarketing
How are courses tailored?
Trainers contact senior managers and delegates in advance in order to prepare. They will request information to be sent to the trainer a week before the course, which may include:
- A pre-questionnaire sent to all delegates – to understand levels of experience, key concerns and personal desired outcomes.
- A senior-manager interview to understand the specific market, commercial drivers and company requirements for the training.
- Supporting documentation from managers after the interview – such as CVs, target overviews, current marketing.
- A skills based questionnaire.
What additional support will I receive?
All training on the day is interactive, and supported by a workbook for each delegate to complete and take away.
After-training delegates and their managers will have access to ongoing support after their training. Depending on which modules are chosen, this may include:
- 30-day direct line mentoring.
- 1-2-1 follow up calls with the trainer.
- 12 months virtual learning environment support.
For more information, please contact, phone us on 01865 910289 or email Sarah McCloughry